Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hurt People Hurt People

Hurt People Hurt People

Hurt people hurt people.  It really is as simple as that.  People who are hurting lash out at other people who are hurting, and if you're the one being lashed out at-there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.  You can choose to take in that anger and lash out at other people in return, lash out back at the person lashing out at you; or you can choose to rise above and react to that person with compassion and understanding.

"Those who hurt us are usually hurting themselves, and their  pain may be so strong that they are not even aware they are hurting us."- Joyce Myers


Don't hold grudges.

Holding on to grudges really only hurts you.  The other person isn't necessarily hurt by it-they go on living their life while you are the one stuck dwelling on the things you feel they did.  You are the one that continues to hurt inside, hurt yourself further, and hurt those around you by lashing out.  In turn, forgive those who have lashed out at you-it's not worth ruining a friendship over just because a little anger burst through.

"Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burnt." - Buddha

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. I have lost out more than once, holding on to a grudge; staying angry. Now, I think about it and I am like why was I so stubborn. I was hurt but just like you stated, I was only continuing to hurt myself. I am still growing, in this aspect, but I now can acknowledge the necessity to forgive.

    ReplyDelete